this was a good week
This was a great week, friends! Here's why:
• Brand new specs, funky leggings, and a 2-hour lunch with a friend I hadn't seen in decades -- the kind of lunch that reminds you why you enjoyed that person so much in years past. Awesome.
• My friend Pam ponders taking photographs in beautiful places. I love her thoughts.
• James Estrin photographs spiritual experience. Really riveting -- it makes me wonder how to approach my own photography.
• I've always had a thing for Stanley Tucci, so I believe this to be absolute truth. Please do not try to argue these points.
• A dad who covers his arms with tattoos of his son's doodles. I sort of love this a lot.
• Portraits of artists in their studios. I love these sorts of collections.
• My passion for LEGO is well-documented, as is my love of art. Therefore and ergo, my love for this video knows no bounds.
• Geeky admission: I love documentaries of extreme weather. Isn't that awful? But man, if there's a stormchaser show on the Weather Channel, I am on it. (For the record, Marcus is exactly the same. This is why we're soulmates.) So these gorgeous animated images of storm supercells totally do it for me. (What?)
• And finally, the song of the day: Bob Marley's birthday was February 6th, and so in his honour, I present to you an acappela version of Could You Be Loved, as produced by House of Marley Israel. (Related: How awesome is it that something called "House of Marley Israel" exists?
Click here or on the image below to listen.
Have a wonderful weekend, friends. One love.