this was a good week
This was a good week. Here's the proof:
• Had a long phone conversation with a good friend, Marcus and I have a date night tonight while Alex has a sleepover with a close friend, and I discovered a new breakfast taco place. Score.
• My friend Ernest beautifully describes "going native." As another person who always seems to look local, no matter what country I visit (with the exception of China), this felt really familiar.
• And speaking of Scandinavia, my friend Lola shares photographs of her beautiful city, Stockholm. Feeling a bit of a wanderlust itch, man.
• I'm not a person who is generally seduced by advertising, but this commercial totally got to me. Beautiful.
• Seven international cultural concepts. I should incorporate a few in my own life.
• Almost at the very last minute, I've learned that I'm going to be a panelist at this event this weekend, at 4 p.m.! If you're going to be in Austin for SXSW, I'd love if you'd stop by.
• And finally, for today's song of the day, I'm republishing an old favourite: Home, by Johnnyswim. This video was filmed in Galveston, just south of Houston. And as it happens, spring break begins this weekend here in Houston, and we're headed to Galveston to spend time with our good friends Trish and Carl, and their kids. The last time we all had a vacation together was New Year's 2014 in Santa Fe (where Marcus and I took the photo at the top of this post), and we love hanging out together. Should be a great time.
Anyway, click here or on the image below to watch.
Have a great weekend, friends. (And I hope I see some of you at SXSW!)