This was a good week. Here's why:
• Flowers from a good friend, given to us when he stopped by to have a glass of wine; Alex's school trip allowing Marcus and me to have a sweet week together, just the two of us; and finally, our lovely girl returns home today.
• Last year, I shared my near-death experience with a crocodile ... but despite my resulting suspicion of all reptiles everywhere, even I have to admit that this caiman with a crown of butterflies is pretty cute.
• And speaking of wildlife, here are the winners of the British Wildlife Photography Awards. Gorgeous images.
• I don't remember whether I've shared this Instagram feed with you in the past, but regardless: these little video self-portraits of Mike Mellia make me happy.
• Lupita N'yongo at her family home in Kenya. She's so incredibly charming.
• Finally, for today's soundtrack: The Greatest, by Sia, featuring Kendrick Lamar. Click the arrow below to listen.
And with that, have a great weekend, friends.