this was a good week
This was a good week! Here's why:
• Lots of blues in my world this week. Don't know why, but it doesn't matter -- blue makes my world happier. (I'm not the only one.)
• I've made no secret of my love of LEGO. So this stop-motion of a guy making his LEGO breakfast of eggs and toast makes me happy.
• Speaking of food, as I type this, I'm incredibly hungry. So this looks particularly tasty -- hummus-with-tomatoes-and-cucumbers-summery-dinner-for-the-win.
• Loved stumbling upon this feature of Trinidad's Magnificent Seven, 7 amazing structures that stand next to the major public park in Trinidad's capital, the Queen's Park Savannah. (Fun fact: my dad went to high school at Queen's Royal College, the sixth one down.)
• Photographs of El Barrio in East Harlem, New York City, in the 60s. There's something so moving in every one of these shots.
• Fireflies at dusk. Best watched full screen. Mesmerizing.
• Finally, for today's soundtrack, Standing in the Middle of the Field by Cut Copy. Perfect for a cocktail on a patio somewhere this afternoon, as the sun goes down (and maybe spot some fireflies, too?). Click here or on the arrow below to listen.
Have a great weekend, friends.