this was a good week
This was a good week! Here's why:
• Had another whirlwind trip to New York for work, and it all went great. Grateful to the people who hosted me, and grateful to be home safe.
• So damned thrilled those kids on that young Thai soccer team and their coach were rescued -- I had been waiting with bated breath the entire time! Have you read about their 25-year-old assistant coach, who kept them alive? It's a beautiful story.
• Al Dornan walks for Dreamers. Bless him. Talk about quiet activism.
• Photographs of light through fruit. Who knew a grapefruit could look like Notre Dame stained glass?
• And speaking of photographers, this photographer got dog-piled during a World Cup match -- and kept on shooting. Love this!
• This Instagrammer makes insect shapes from leaves, twigs and flowers, and they're incredible.
• This great mini-documentary of the relatively new field of ASL interpretation or musical concerts. It's about 7 minutes, and has some spicy language in it, but it's really interesting and worth the watch.
• And speaking of music, time for today's soundtrack. Next week, I'm leaving town for a family vacation, and I'm planning on going completely unplugged -- no Facebook, no Instagram, nothing. This might be the first time I've done that in ... well, I bet it's been at least a decade. And I can't wait.
And so since I won't be back until the week of the 23rd, I thought I'd leave you with a little music. I pulled together this playlist to listen to at sunset, with a cocktail in my hand. Here's wishing you a few similar sunset moments -- I hope you enjoy the music along with them.
Click here or the image below to listen.
Happy summer, friends. See you in a couple of weeks.