this was a good week
This was a good week! Here's why:
• It's officially Alex's last week of summer vacation, she had an amazing first game of volleyball on her school team, and today is Marcus' and my 16th anniversary of our white wedding. What-what?
• This weekend also happens to be the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Harvey making landfall on the Texas coast. What a difference a year makes.
• And speaking of art: murals grown from rice. This is wild.
• This surfer is 100% blind. Talk about courage.
• You know how cool it is to stand between two mirrors and create an infinite number of yous? This artist does the same thing to make art. Beautiful.
• And finally, for today's soundtrack, the video from Janet Jackson's latest release, Made for Now. From the description on the site When Steel Talks: "The music video, shot in Brooklyn, transports fans to a neighborhood dance party filled with a contingent of international dancers from Ghana, Nigeria, Grenada, Trinidad and the U.S."
Click here or the image below to watch.
On that joyous note, have a great weekend friends. See you next week.
Dogs on land, dogs of the sea, and the most beautiful eulogy I’ve ever read.
Featuring Chris Hemsworth, body art, and our cool new welcome mat.
Featuring a wedding in Iceland, Ed Sheeran, and 350-year-old ice cream.
A quick one today.
Featuring art as mirror, x-rays of zoo animals, and an almost perfect apple pie.
Featuring butterfly wings, an awesome obituary and a Jamiroquai/Bee Gees mashup.
Featuring horror movies, Japanese funeral flower arrangements, and cross-stitch for hip-hop.
Featuring lessons from comedy, winding roads, and Daryl Hall & Kenny Loggins.
Featuring rugs, trombones and terrifyingly realistic masks.
Hang in there, friends. Light is coming.