this was a good week
This was a good week! Here's why:
• It's officially Alex's last week of summer vacation, she had an amazing first game of volleyball on her school team, and today is Marcus' and my 16th anniversary of our white wedding. What-what?
• This weekend also happens to be the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Harvey making landfall on the Texas coast. What a difference a year makes.
• And speaking of art: murals grown from rice. This is wild.
• This surfer is 100% blind. Talk about courage.
• You know how cool it is to stand between two mirrors and create an infinite number of yous? This artist does the same thing to make art. Beautiful.
• And finally, for today's soundtrack, the video from Janet Jackson's latest release, Made for Now. From the description on the site When Steel Talks: "The music video, shot in Brooklyn, transports fans to a neighborhood dance party filled with a contingent of international dancers from Ghana, Nigeria, Grenada, Trinidad and the U.S."
Click here or the image below to watch.
On that joyous note, have a great weekend friends. See you next week.
Featuring Abraham Lincoln, getting naked, and a baby on a hoverboard.
Featuring an awesome kindergarten teacher, a haunted forest, and a sweet lullaby.
Featuring books, paper and the dark side of the moon.
Featuring murals, an inclusive dance company, and an iconic holiday song.
Featuring Snoopy’s flying doghouse, a sweet December video, and gorgeous LEGOs.
We have keys!
Featuring a short flight, a giant dinosaur and a lovely youth choir from South Africa.
Dogs on land, dogs of the sea, and the most beautiful eulogy I’ve ever read.
Featuring Chris Hemsworth, body art, and our cool new welcome mat.
Featuring a wedding in Iceland, Ed Sheeran, and 350-year-old ice cream.