this was a good week
This was a good week! Here's why:
• It's officially Alex's last week of summer vacation, she had an amazing first game of volleyball on her school team, and today is Marcus' and my 16th anniversary of our white wedding. What-what?
• This weekend also happens to be the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Harvey making landfall on the Texas coast. What a difference a year makes.
• And speaking of art: murals grown from rice. This is wild.
• This surfer is 100% blind. Talk about courage.
• You know how cool it is to stand between two mirrors and create an infinite number of yous? This artist does the same thing to make art. Beautiful.
• And finally, for today's soundtrack, the video from Janet Jackson's latest release, Made for Now. From the description on the site When Steel Talks: "The music video, shot in Brooklyn, transports fans to a neighborhood dance party filled with a contingent of international dancers from Ghana, Nigeria, Grenada, Trinidad and the U.S."
Click here or the image below to watch.
On that joyous note, have a great weekend friends. See you next week.
Featuring climbing beans, ASL slam poetry, and how to stay calm.
Featuring unzipped buildings, a cool Vespa, and John Malkovich.
Featuring dumb English laws, an idyllic co-working space, and Good Talk.
Featuring skydivers, subway riders, and stylish reptiles.
Featuring haka, underwater restaurants, and an insane library.
Featuring floating islands, Greenland, and a horse who is a serious Star Wars fan.
Featuring the kindness of strangers, mobile gardens, and bodies covered in stars.
Featuring beautiful commuters, the moon in detail, and celebratory cartoons.
Featuring the power of light, mind-blowing quilts and molten cakes. Yeah, baby.
Featuring tiny houses, giant kites, and a love train.