this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• Alex appears to be better, which is great news; we have running water and flushing toilets and have ordered blinds and light fixtures for the new house, and the best news of all: it looks like we actually might be moving in within the next 5 weeks. Not that I’m counting down or anything. (It’s been a long 14 months.)
• This Northern Irish home looks like the perfect place to spend fall. Just add a cup of tea and a good book.
• Extreme close-ups of butterfly wings. What.
• This obituary might be the best one I’ve ever read. I have a new goal.
• A photo project depicting migrants “as they’d rather be seen.” That first image is breathtaking.
• And finally, for today’s soundtrack: how about a Jamiroquai/Bee Gees mashup by Pomplamoose?
Click here or the image below to listen.
Have a great weekend, lovely people.
Featuring expressive animators, watercolour sitcoms, and kung-fu-fighting nuns.
Featuring a knitted fence, chalk graffiti, and 100 days of vertical video.
Featuring a wind ballet, a giant tapestry, and a camera made out of a shipping container
Featuring volleyball, optical illusion murals, and blues musicians.
Featuring a solar eclipse, an inflatable labyrinth, and a pug with moves.
Featuring possibly haunted staircases, an epic reading list, and an all-female around-the-world sailing crew.
Featuring fireflies, optical illusions, and laughter from a dirty joke.
Featuring dry erase art, crocheted leaves and twigs, and the amazing Billy Porter.
Featuring food cameras, laughing babies, and Mahalia
Featuring bubbles, an evil lair, and a secret tree font.