this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• This was a blowing-and-going, head-down-get-things-done week, and it felt wonderfully productive.
• Speaking of productive, 29-year-old Dr. Katie Bouman, a computer scientist, made history by creating the first photograph of a black hole ever. What. A. Rock. Star.
• And speaking of Italian, this reimagination of the iconic Vespa scooter is just so sexy.
• And speaking of art, my niece Ellie is about to graduate university with a degree in illustration, and her portfolio just fills me with glee.
• And finally, for today’s soundtrack, Lady Don’t Tek No by Lyrics Born and Lateef. This song was actually playing in a coffeehouse I was working in earlier this week, and I Shazam’d it to find out more about it. When I looked up the official music video, I loved it, from the 1980s-Grandmaster-Flash-sampled beat to the dancer to the Hasselblad camera on the camera dolly.
Click here or on the image below to watch and listen. (Fair warning, though — there’s some language, so you might want to pop on some ear buds.)
And with that funky vibe, happy weekend, friends. See you next week!