this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• I’ve been working on a project that is going to happen this fall, and I can’t wait to share with you in the next week or two (the image above is a hint!).
• This man speaks 32 languages. Wha…? How? (And me being all pleased with myself because I can mumble a little Spanish …)
• A joyful guide to saying no. Yesssssss.
• Paper origami cranes are so yesterday. How about learning to fold an origami butterfly?
• Speaking of paper, this paper “universe of words” is breathtaking.
• And finally, for today’s soundtrack: I just stumbled upon jazz artist Jazzmeia Horn, and I was blown. ah. way. If you’re into jazz at all (especially scat), click here or on the image below to watch and listen.
That’s it for this week, sweet friends. Have a wonderful weekend.
Featuring a true polyglot, funny animals, and the good kind of scat.
Featuring weird animals, beautiful landscapes, and how to help the Bahamas recover from Hurricane Dorian.
Featuring crazy-realistic paintings, movement for the joy of it, and the best open letter to a man who yelled “Go back to Africa!” ever.
Featuring old cameras, weird photos and the stories we tell ourselves.
Featuring expressive animators, watercolour sitcoms, and kung-fu-fighting nuns.
Featuring a knitted fence, chalk graffiti, and 100 days of vertical video.
Featuring a wind ballet, a giant tapestry, and a camera made out of a shipping container
Featuring volleyball, optical illusion murals, and blues musicians.
Featuring a solar eclipse, an inflatable labyrinth, and a pug with moves.
Featuring possibly haunted staircases, an epic reading list, and an all-female around-the-world sailing crew.