chookooloonks media amplifies light.
If you're like most people who visit Chookooloonks.com, you probably stopped here while cruising the virtual superhighway for a moment of beauty before starting your day. And you're in good company, too: while chances are you're North American, it's almost as likely that you're from somewhere else on this beautiful planet, perhaps from Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East or the Caribbean.
I'm glad you're here. Because in my experience, Chookooloonks readers are spectacular.
In fact, Chookooloonks readers generally believe in a world where anything beautiful is possible. The site attracts an audience who is generally fascinated with photography, travel, inspiration, self-care and self-empowerment. As a result, Chookooloonks enjoys:
- Over 32,000 unique blog visitors per month
- Over 2,000 blog subscribers
- Over 15,000 Twitter followers
- Over 9,000 Instagram followers
- Over 4,100 Pinterest followers (with over 100,000 monthly views)
- Over 5,000 Facebook followers and fans
- A combined social following over 67K, with hundreds of thousands of views per month
Chookooloonks Media produces beautiful visual and virtual content on the subjects of leadership, self-determination and the concept of thriving. In addition to the pairing of striking imagery and essays online, as well as keynote speeches delivered around the world, Karen Walrond and Chookooloonks Media have produced bestselling books, a viral TEDxHouston 2012 talk, and garnered several awards, including (but not limited to):
- 2016 40 Women over 40 to Watch
- 2016 Houston YWCA Outstanding Woman
- 2014 Iris Award recipient for Best Photography
- 2012 Top 100 Mom Blog on Babble.com
- 2011 Top 50 Mom Blog on Babble.com
- Finalist in The 2011 Bloggies for Best Photography
- Best Eye Candy Blog 2010 of the 2010 BlogLuxe awards
- The 2010 Black Weblog Best Photoblog Award (Judges' Choice)
Want to be a part of this? Here's how we can make it happen.
From time to time, Chookooloonks partners with select brands and creatives to offer sponsored photography and interactive marketing content, Pinterest/Instagram features and promotional work, whose missions closely tie into the message and aesthetic of Chookooloonks. A small sample of previous collaborations includes:
If you are interested in developing a visually beautiful and inspiring campaign — and feel that your products and/or services are closely aligned with the mission of Chookooloonks — please download a media kit here, and contact Karen directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for a current rate sheet.
keynotes and workshops
From intimate gatherings to town halls attended by hundreds, Karen has spoken on a variety of subjects as wide-ranging as creativity (through photography and journaling), leadership, diversity, human resource issues, self-image and social media. Karen is also a Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator, trained in Brené Brown's work on vulnerability, courage, empathy and worthiness. Her keynotes and workshops include these concepts, specifically addressing how vulnerability -- the ability to show up in the midst of uncertainty, risk and emotional exposure -- is the strongest measure of courage that we have, courage which can help foster innovation and creativity. A small sampling of previous clients include:
- Phillips 66
- The Creative Connection Event
- Erma Bombeck Writers' Workshop
- Fort Benning Maneuver Center of Excellence
If you're interested in engaging Karen as a keynote speaker for your organization, please contact Karen directly at email@example.com. (And click here to see a sampling of Karen's previous video appearances, including her TEDxHouston talk.)