The Erma Bombeck Writer's Workshop is the only one in the country devoted to both humor and human interest writing. Through the workshop, the University of Dayton and the Bombeck family honor one of America’s most celebrated storytellers and humorists. Over the past decade, the workshop has attracted such household names as Dave Barry, Phil Donahue, Art Buchwald, Nancy Cartwright, Don Novello, Garrison Keillor, Gail Collins, Connie Schultz, Roy Blount Jr., Adriana Trigiani, Amy Ephron and Alan Zweibel. The 2018 workshop, emceed by Patricia Wynn Brown, will feature an incredible line-up of keynote speakers:
• Craig Ferguson host of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson for 10 years, author, comedian. He won two Daytime Emmys for Outstanding Game Show Host for “Celebrity Name Game,” and can be heard nightly on The Craig Ferguson Showon SiriusXM.
• Liza Donnelly, award-winning cartoonist with The New Yorker Magazine, resident cartoonist for CBS News and author/editor of 18 books.
• John Grogan, author of the international #1 bestseller Marley & Me: Life and Love with the World’s Worst Dog, a memoir and numerous children’s books.
• Karen Walrond, bestselling author, photographer, coach and inspirational speaker who inspires others to find and celebrate their own uniqueness, through the power of storytelling.
• Monica Piper, Emmy Award-winning comedy writer and stand-up comic who has written for sit-coms Roseanne, Mad About You and Veronica’s Closet, and was the head writer of the #1 children’s animated series Rugrats.