Playing with cropping. Photographed with Nikon D300, 60mm micro lens, and Kodak Duaflex.
So, today, as I was catching up on some blog reading, I came across this post by Lilla Rogers Studio, an agency that represents artists and illustrators all over the world. The post was about artist Jillian Phillips, and Lilla asked a question and answered it as follows:
Do you know why Jillian gets so much work?
1. She knows how to inspire herself creatively.
2. She regularly creates tons and tons of work of a high quality.
3. Her work is joyful.
4. She knows the market and what categories sell.
5. She’s a pleasure to work with.
6. Her work is innovative.
7. She knows the market but pushes it further.
8. Her design and color is/are impeccable.
She sounds like a rock star, doesn't she? Wouldn't it be amazing to have someone describe you the way Lilla described Jillian?
I think I'm going to print this list out, and keep it somewhere I can see it. Because it seems to me that mastering the first 7 items of this list (since #8 seems most specifically related to art and illustration) might quite possibly be the key to success, no matter what line of work you're in.
Song: Good foot by Justin Timberlake & Timbaland