Roses Alex chose for me. Photographed with Nikon D300, 60mm macro lens.
A year older, and I fear the following are things I may never understand:
- the continued success of reality television;
- the desire of some people to jump out of a perfectly good airplane with nothing but a parachute strapped to their backs (as opposed to, say, another spare airplane); and
- as recently pointed out by a friend of mine, the apparent requirement of television ads for certain performance enhancing medications to always to include a scene where the couple recline in individual bathtubs, usually in public settings. Is there something about public bathtubs that inspires sex? I just don't understand this. It makes me want to write the couple a letter and tell them that they probably don't need the drugs; they might just want to try getting out of the bathtubs. I imagine them reading my letter and being overcome by overwhelming gratitude. "Don't mention it," I'd respond with a smile.
Phrases that Alex has adopted lately, the origin of which I have not a clue:
- "Oh yeah, baby, that's what I'm talkin' about!"
- "Come on, ya gotta love me!"
This is probably behaviour that I should really take pains to amend, but frankly, I crack up every time she says them. Particularly the latter.
* * * * * * * *
Thanks to all of you who participated in Friday's giveaway. According to Random.org, the winner of the items in the gift bag is Tricia, who said, "Yoga, outside, in the summer, south of the Mason-Dixon Line? Heck, anywhere south of Minneapolis, Minnesota? No way. So smart to move inside." Congratulations, Tricia -- I'll contact you via e-mail to get your snail mail deets!