"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
~ Albert Einstein
* * * * * * *
1. Haloumi cheese. You can grill it, but it doesn't melt! If that's not a tasty miracle, by gum, I don't know what is.
2. Godiva dark chocolate truffles. Yeah, I said it.
3. That my grandmother lived to the ripe old age of 102 before she passed. My grandmother was awesome. And she remained as lucid and spicy at the end of her life as the day she was born.
4. The gospel tent at New Orleans Jazzfest. I'm convinced Jesus actually lives in that gospel tent.
5. Standing in the middle of a steel pan orchestra while they're playing. When Jesus isn't at Jazzfest, trust me, He's here.
6. That Marcus showed up when he did. Because honey, back then? I was O. VER. MEN.
7. That Alex is our daughter. She's a firecracker, that kid.
It's Thanksgiving today in the United States. And so, wherever in the world you might be, I most gratefully wish you a day filled with everyday miracles.
And, as ever, thank you so much for your kindness here on Chookooloonks.
* * * * * * *
The image at the top of this post is the 4th image of Photovent 2010. You can download the pdf for it here. And click here to learn how to use it to assemble a beautifully different photo garland.