1. Ginger. Seriously, sushi-restaurant-waitstaff, you don't even have to bother asking if I might want extra. The answer is always -- always -- yes.
2. Wine. It has become difficult to imagine there was actually a time that I didn't enjoy the taste.
3. Coffee. Although I don't drink it very often. But there's something sublime about a really good coffee.
4. Tofu. It must be firm, mind you, but yeah. I'm a fan.
5. News radio, especially NPR. When did the news become so interesting?
6. Going to sleep early. Remember when an early bedtime was the bane of a kid's existence? Now, for my part, I crave an early bedtime. It doesn't happen often enough, man.
7. Beans. Beans used to be the scourge of the devil. Now? I love 'em. Especially black beans. God bless the noble black bean.
8. Ditto a really delicious, elaborate salad.
9. Short fingernails. I used to desperately wish for long ones. Now I love them short (more convenient for chookoolele playing, too).
10. Boys. Particularly mine.
Happy Love Thursday, friends. May you grow to love many, many things.
Image: Photographed with Nikon D300 and my 60mm micro