1. Vitalis -- my Dad. Always used it, all his life, perfectly groomed hair.
2. Freshly poured concrete -- Trinidadian construction zones. They are ubiquitous.
3. The ocean -- my childhood on Mayaro beach.
4. Peanuts -- my paternal grandmother. She roasts her own.
5. Brown sugar and guavas -- my maternal grandmother. She loved her guava cheese.
6. Polo cologne -- walking through the men's dorm at Texas A&M University, c. 1984-1986. Especially on a Friday night.
7. Coconut oil -- sitting on the floor between my Auntie Aqui's knees while she braided my hair when I was a kid.
8. Old Spice -- my Grampa. Always and forever.
9. Jean Naté After Bath Splash -- my mom. I don't think she wears it anymore, but she definitely did while I was in high school.
10. Rain -- the rainforests of Trinidad.
Image: Brasil cafe during a sudden downpour, photographed with my Nikon D300, 60mm lens.
Song: I can't stand the rain, as performed by Missy Elliott (Lumbajack remix)