list #26: recent good things
1. These bright tulips I found at the grocer's yesterday. Seriously, it is impossible not to get at least the tiniest bit cheered just by looking at them.
2. Reading Anne of Green Gables with Alex. She's really enjoying the book, to the point that I have to insist that she go to bed every night. Last night, however, she made an observation that I love:
Me: "I'm really enjoying reading this with you, Alex."
Alex: "Me too. You know it's because I'm Anne, and you're Marilla, right?"
By God, she's totally right.
3. A recent obsession with dark chocolate. I frequently have one small morsel of dark chocolate each morning these days. It totally sets the tone.
4. Dark chocolate notwithstanding, I've been taking care of myself over the last few weeks, and am feeling pretty healthy lately. I haven't lost weight, but I feel better. And that should count for a lot.
5. A couple of calls that I received recently from friends who were checking in on me. I have good friends.
6. Knowing I've been a bit tender these days, Marcus has been taking extra good care of me, lately. I have a good man.
7. Shooting with this PEN camera. When I pulled the images for this post up on my computer last night, I almost wept with joy. I think this might just be the perfect point-and-shoot.
Tell me, friends: what's good in your life these days?