As I say in my exceedingly rambly video above (because why use 1 word when 10 would suffice?), I'm off to my homeland for the World of Possibilities event, to be held 6-9:30pm on Thursday, June 16, at Joseph's Restaurant, 3A Rookery Nook, Maraval. I'll be spending a week in Trinidad with Alex, and offline for the entire time. In my absence (and in the spirit of television reruns), the following are links to 10 old posts of mine to pass the time.
- Heaven: chocolate chocolate chip cake (note: this is my most searched and visited post ever. I figure I'll make it easier to find by linking it here)
- Trinidadian rum punch (similarly, this is pretty good recipe to have on hand during the summer)
- Why the election of Barack Obama affected me so deeply
- The story of the lawyer and her doppelganger
- For heaven's sake, what is a "chookooloonks"?
- My life list
- 100 things I'm thankful for (I've double-checked, and they still hold true)
- Journaling 101: a primer for those who want to start a practice for the new year
- A response to Satoshi Kanazawa, Psychology Today and the horses they rode in on
- On motherhood, worldviews and one
Thanks for your indulgence, friends. Have a great week, and if you happen to be reading this from Trinidad, I hope you'll consider registering for the World of Possibilities -- I'd love to meet you.
And of course, I'll be back with tons of photographs and stories on Monday, June 20th.
(P.S. In the video I reference my "great grandmother." I don't mean that. I mean my grandmother. I really need this vacation.)