Things that made my week:
• I bought myself a bright pink bromeliad. Isn't it insane? I've never seen one quite this bright or unusual before. Given my proclivity for killing plants, I feel sort of badly that this one pulled the short straw and ended up coming home with me, but goodness, she'll be pretty while she lasts.
• Embarrassing admission: I'm afraid of the dentist. Happily, though, I found one I love, and when, at my dentist appointment this week the doctor complimented me on my dental care, I felt like a happy 5-year-old. Had he given me a sticker, my head might have exploded with pride.
• I was trying to convince a friend recently that mathematics is the universal language, the basis of every single thing. This cool 100-second video makes my point for me (watch it in full-screen mode).
• The colder weather this week has me dreaming of all things holiday. I think I'm going to seriously be in the holiday spirit this year -- and that hasn't happened in a while.
• In advance of the greatly-anticipated arrival of Marcus' family next week, I'm going to redecorate my office this weekend. Assuming it goes as planned, photos to follow.
• This Janelle Monáe/Erykah Badu song has been on constant rotation on my computer.
And with that, happy weekend, friends.
This photograph was taken as part of #NaPhoPoMo (National Photo Posting Month) -- a shot a day for the month of November. We're halfway through -- can you believe it? It's not too late to join me: it's a lesson in stopping and looking, improving your photography skills, and appreciating the beauty and light around you.
Click here to see who's participating (and sign up your own blog, if you'd like!). And if you tag your photos with #NaPhoPoMo on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or Google+, your image will automatically be seen here. I hope you join in the fun - and I can't wait to see what you capture.