this was a good week
This was a good week. Here's why:
• We met with our project manager in our house for our pre-drywall (pre-drywall! We're about to get walls!) meeting, and my sister and her family were in town over her birthday.
• Loving this article about how to introduce yourself so you'll be unforgettable. I always struggle with this, so I'm taking it to heart!
• I can't believe I haven't shared this story of these badass women fighting elephant poaching in Zimbabwe. They're so great.
• My mind can't even really comprehend the works of this amazing ballpoint pen artist. Incredible.
• And speaking of mindblowing art, this Japanese artist does felted wool portraits of cats so real, they're kinda creeping me out.
• I love this animation about Harriet Tubman's life -- I learned things I didn't know. (I hope she'll still be on the US$ 20 bill in 2020!)
Click here or the image below to watch.
With that, happy Friday, friends. See you next week.
Global radio, voice acting and the inimitable Aretha Franklin.
Featuring ethical fashion, out-of-focus paintings, and Bobby McFerrin’s kid.
Featuring centenarian runners, child ukulele-players and the genius of love.
Featuring felted art, ballpoint pen art and badass elephant-defenders.
Featuring dogpiles, protest walks and summertime sounds.
Featuring talking trees, hyprrealism, and Chaka Khan.
This week was tough.
Featuring dancing tulips, dancing movies and counting money.
Featuring mindblowing bubbles, raining gems and adventurous toy boats.
Featuring Doc Martens, a swarm of drones, and rainbow roads.