this was a good week
This was a good week. Here's why:
• We met with our project manager in our house for our pre-drywall (pre-drywall! We're about to get walls!) meeting, and my sister and her family were in town over her birthday.
• Loving this article about how to introduce yourself so you'll be unforgettable. I always struggle with this, so I'm taking it to heart!
• I can't believe I haven't shared this story of these badass women fighting elephant poaching in Zimbabwe. They're so great.
• My mind can't even really comprehend the works of this amazing ballpoint pen artist. Incredible.
• And speaking of mindblowing art, this Japanese artist does felted wool portraits of cats so real, they're kinda creeping me out.
• I love this animation about Harriet Tubman's life -- I learned things I didn't know. (I hope she'll still be on the US$ 20 bill in 2020!)
Click here or the image below to watch.
With that, happy Friday, friends. See you next week.
We have keys!
Featuring a short flight, a giant dinosaur and a lovely youth choir from South Africa.
Dogs on land, dogs of the sea, and the most beautiful eulogy I’ve ever read.
Featuring Chris Hemsworth, body art, and our cool new welcome mat.
Featuring a wedding in Iceland, Ed Sheeran, and 350-year-old ice cream.
A quick one today.
Featuring art as mirror, x-rays of zoo animals, and an almost perfect apple pie.
Featuring butterfly wings, an awesome obituary and a Jamiroquai/Bee Gees mashup.
Featuring horror movies, Japanese funeral flower arrangements, and cross-stitch for hip-hop.
Featuring lessons from comedy, winding roads, and Daryl Hall & Kenny Loggins.