this was a good week
This was a good week. Here's why:
• We met with our project manager in our house for our pre-drywall (pre-drywall! We're about to get walls!) meeting, and my sister and her family were in town over her birthday.
• Loving this article about how to introduce yourself so you'll be unforgettable. I always struggle with this, so I'm taking it to heart!
• I can't believe I haven't shared this story of these badass women fighting elephant poaching in Zimbabwe. They're so great.
• My mind can't even really comprehend the works of this amazing ballpoint pen artist. Incredible.
• And speaking of mindblowing art, this Japanese artist does felted wool portraits of cats so real, they're kinda creeping me out.
• I love this animation about Harriet Tubman's life -- I learned things I didn't know. (I hope she'll still be on the US$ 20 bill in 2020!)
Click here or the image below to watch.
With that, happy Friday, friends. See you next week.
Featuring old cameras, weird photos and the stories we tell ourselves.
Featuring expressive animators, watercolour sitcoms, and kung-fu-fighting nuns.
Featuring a knitted fence, chalk graffiti, and 100 days of vertical video.
Featuring a wind ballet, a giant tapestry, and a camera made out of a shipping container
Featuring volleyball, optical illusion murals, and blues musicians.
Featuring a solar eclipse, an inflatable labyrinth, and a pug with moves.
Featuring possibly haunted staircases, an epic reading list, and an all-female around-the-world sailing crew.
Featuring fireflies, optical illusions, and laughter from a dirty joke.
Featuring dry erase art, crocheted leaves and twigs, and the amazing Billy Porter.
Featuring food cameras, laughing babies, and Mahalia