this was a good week
This was a good week. Here's why:
• We met with our project manager in our house for our pre-drywall (pre-drywall! We're about to get walls!) meeting, and my sister and her family were in town over her birthday.
• Loving this article about how to introduce yourself so you'll be unforgettable. I always struggle with this, so I'm taking it to heart!
• I can't believe I haven't shared this story of these badass women fighting elephant poaching in Zimbabwe. They're so great.
• My mind can't even really comprehend the works of this amazing ballpoint pen artist. Incredible.
• And speaking of mindblowing art, this Japanese artist does felted wool portraits of cats so real, they're kinda creeping me out.
• I love this animation about Harriet Tubman's life -- I learned things I didn't know. (I hope she'll still be on the US$ 20 bill in 2020!)
Click here or the image below to watch.
With that, happy Friday, friends. See you next week.
Featuring art as mirror, x-rays of zoo animals, and an almost perfect apple pie.
Featuring butterfly wings, an awesome obituary and a Jamiroquai/Bee Gees mashup.
Featuring horror movies, Japanese funeral flower arrangements, and cross-stitch for hip-hop.
Featuring lessons from comedy, winding roads, and Daryl Hall & Kenny Loggins.
Featuring rugs, trombones and terrifyingly realistic masks.
Hang in there, friends. Light is coming.
Chromophobia, accidental murals, and I’m lovin’ it.
Kids meet an opera singer, a drivable LEGO car, and Godzilla.
Featuring rice murals, a blind surfer, and Janet.
Global radio, voice acting and the inimitable Aretha Franklin.