this was a good week
These are the things that made heart leap a little this week:
• Grocery-store tulips. Because sometimes you have to tell winter to kiss your polar vortex, amiright?
• Speaking of crazy winter weather, if you've been braving insanely cold temperatures where you live, consider a donation to your local homeless shelter. Because God knows those folks have been working overtime this week. They deserve a pat on the back for all the good they do.
• I wasn't familiar with the late photographer John Dominis, but after seeing this sampling of his work, I want to learn all about him. Talk about mastering everything.
• I've started preparing for my talk for MomCom 2014 in Austin, January 24 - 25 -- will I see you there?
• Also, as it happens, this week I was honoured to be invited to be the closing speaker for TEDxSanAntonioSalon: Transcending Negative Body Image & Gender Stereotypes. I'd love to see you there, as well!
• I loved this sweet little film about daily rituals. It made me think about the rituals I incorporate (and want to incorporate) in my own life.
• Food as landscape. Because why not?
• This teenager landed a three-book deal contract with Random House. And now she's in university studying physics. And goodness, she's wise about creativity. I love seeing young people embracing their beautiful different, don't you?
• Thought Catalog came up with 13 things we should all start doing immediately. Hear, hear, man -- I couldn't agree more.
• Finally, the breathtakingly stylish men of Street Etiquette have started putting together playlists, and they're fabulous. Their most recent one, Audio Visual 002, has been on constant repeat in my house -- a solid hour of music perfect for working by, or doing yoga to. Click here or the arrow below to enjoy.
And on that decidedly groovy note, have a wonderful weekend, friends.