We're back at it, friends! Here are the things that made this week a great week:
• Shooting, writing, preparing for my upcoming workshop. I love being this energized. Love it. Once it goes live, you're all invited.
• The sci-fi geek in me is completely tickled by these illustrations, reimagining Star Wars as a John-Hughes-esque high school drama. (Leia's headphones slay me dead.)
• Spending time with the ONE Campaign in Washington DC earlier this week. In addition to reconnecting with some great friends, we also heard amazing stories about the successes being realized in fighting extreme poverty (for example, did you know that extreme poverty has decreased by 44% in Ghana between 1992 and 2006, and by 49% in Ethiopia between 1995 and 2011? Such awesome news.)
• Speaking of the ONE Campaign, they recently shared these beautiful portraits by Mario Gerth on their blog. I need to step up my portrait photography game, man.
• An artist recreates six famous cultural icons (Rodin's The Thinker, Forrest Gump, Mad Men, Michaelangelo's The Creation of Adam, Reservoir Dogs & Daft Punk), all in one take, for the Sunday Times. I love smooth and clever.
• Everything about this photograph of a groom's reaction as his bride walks down the aisle. Fantastic.
• Alex is having a slumber party tonight. I love how excited she is about it.
• And finally, the song of the day: anchorman Brian Williams "rapping" Rapper's Delight. I can't stop watching it.
Have a great weekend, friends. See you Monday.