this was a good week
You all know this was a rough week for me (and incidentally, thank you all so much for your comments in that last post -- seriously, they meant so much). But even with all the insanity that has been going on in the world these days, there is still much to be grateful for. And so, in my everlasting, ongoing effort to share beauty and light here on Chookooloonks, here is some awesome that I was very grateful for this week:
• An old friend of Marcus' came into town this week, and Marcus and I met her for drinks (in the middle of the week! Like we were young and child-free again!). Then tonight, because my sister and her family are in town, we're hiring a babysitter for our kids, and all the grown-ups, our parents included, are going out to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday. That's two grown-up nights out in one week, friends. I don't even recognize us, anymore!
• Earlier this week, I talked about how much I miss walking, just not the exercise kind. Turns out, memoirist David Sedaris loves the exercise kind. Perhaps a bit too much.
• I'm old enough to remember when, back in the day, people used to dress up to get on an airplane. This style post makes me wonder if perhaps I should do that more often.
• This woman makes intricate art by cutting paper. Breathtaking.
• This artist also makes art by cutting paper, but he uses lasers. And he stacks them. And turns them into stained glass windows. Sort of.
• Stained glass windows remind me of churches. Which makes me wonder what The Commandments might have looked like if God texted them to Moses, instead of going the whole burning-bush route. Happily, someone has already answered this question.
• EDIBLE CHOCOLATE LEGOS. I don't even think anything more needs to be said about this.
• And yet, speaking of LEGOS, when they're mixed with great photography, ostensibly taken by a tiny LEGO photographer? That, friends, is my happy place. A place where I can eat edible chocolate LEGOS all day long.
Click here or the image below to watch.
With that, have a great weekend, friends. May it be filled with peace.