this was a good week
Here's what added a bit of sparkle to my week:
• I got a ton of work done, so I rewarded myself with a solo business lunch yesterday (often the best kind). I love it when I feel productive. (Incidentally, one of the fruits of my labour was getting together a web page that lists all of my public upcoming events this fall. If you can make any of them, I'd love to see you there!)
• As summer wanes, some beautiful summery photographs.
• I love the story behind my friend Kal's art installation. Serendipity is an awesome thing.
• Portraits of leading Native American women fighting to keep their culture alive. I love when young women take charge -- and their stories are fantastic.
• Vogue magazine featured these gorgeous "hair portraits" of concert-goers of this year's Afropunk Fest. I love the diversity here.
• Today's the first day of a long weekend -- here in the United States, Monday is Labor Day. The mini break should be lovely.
• And finally, today's song of the day: Weapon of Choice by Fatboy Slim. Because sometimes, you just need to start a long weekend with a video of Christopher Walken dancing.
Click here or the image below to watch.
On that note, I'm going to be taking Monday off -- must take advantage of Labor Day, after all. Have a wonderful weekend, friends. And for those of you celebrating on Monday, have fun, and please stay safe.