Here's why this week was particularly awesome:
• It rained and rained and rained in Houston this week. In my house, this means twinkle lights, lit candles, and tons of work accomplished. I spent most of the week brainstorming the direction I want Chookooloonks to take over the next 5 years or so, and I can't wait to get started.
• This horse-whisperer. I love when people use their superpowers for good.
• Miley Cyrus, before the twerking. I know, I know -- you're hesitating clicking on that link. But I love her cover of the song "Jolene," originally performed by her godmother, Dolly Parton (even though I'm not a country music fan) -- and besides, it's sort of lovely to see her just, you know ... singing.
• This artist makes beautiful art using only a typewriter. And that's not even the most incredible part of that story. What an inspiration this guy is.
• A dancing traffic light. I need to know where this city is, so I can go dance, man.
• I couldn't stop staring at this photograph. I find it weirdly calming. Just me?
• And finally, for today's song of the day, this video of the full moon rising over Wellington, New Zealand, in real time. You can also watch and read more about this project, Full Moon Silhouettes, by clicking over to the video page.
Or you can click the image below. A beautiful, mesmerizing reminder that we're all on this little planet together.
Have a great weekend, friends. See you Monday!