this was a good week
This was a wonderful week. Here are some reasons why:
• Traveling to Austin to speak at the Texas Conference for Women (and meeting some amazing women in the process), getting to witness new love, and receiving a lovely short story that Alex wrote for me -- one that I can't wait to photograph, and then share our collaboration with you. More to come.
• A solar-powered bike path, inspired by Van Gogh's "Starry Night." This makes me so happy.
• I'm a huge dog lover, but many years ago I was nipped in the hand by a chihuahua, causing me to regard the breed with a healthy dose of distaste ever since. Until, that is, my friend Alice and her family brought Hazel home. Because goodness, are you seeing little Hazel? Hazel is a lady.
• I love Lisa's altered postcards. We have some family travel coming up, and I might be tempted to buy a few postcards just to alter them and mail them to someone.
• Every day, for the month of October, this artist dropped one letter from movie titles changing their meaning, and illustrated what that movie might be about. I so love clever.
• I've fallen behind on my life list goal to taste 50 different rums, but I think I've found the next one I want to try. Rum infused with chocolate? Yes, please.
• Finally, the song of the day: this cover of Somebody That I Used To Know by Walk Off the Earth. It's a great cover, and not just because it involves 5 people playing a single guitar at the same time.
Click here or on the image below to watch.
Have a great weekend, friends. See you next week.