this was a good week
This was a good week. Wanna know why?
• This week, some friends invited me to take photographs of their staff for their website. They requested two images for each person: one that's sort of the standard bio photo, and then a second one of the subject looking more natural and unposed. I ain't gonna lie: this kind of assignment is one of my very favourite things to do.
• I think I forgot to share this with you a couple of weeks ago: actor Vince Vaughn and his costars from his movie Unfinished Business posed for stock photos that you can download for free. This is just so epic.
• 40 photographs of Mexican artist Frida Kahlo in the '30s and '40s. Pardon my French, but I've always thought that Frida was a complete badass. These photographs totally confirm it.
• When I first got my SCUBA certification, the first dive I did was off the cost of Cabo San Lucas, swimming with the sea lions. It was magical: sea lions are funny-looking on land, but in the ocean they're graceful, and fast, and extremely playful. So I love this underwater video of sea lions, taken in the Galapagos (a destination I've always wanted to visit). One day, man.
• Speaking of places I'm dying to visit, check out these images of Havana, Cuba. One day, man.
• The Chicago Bean got tired of the paparazzo. Never mess with The Bean.
• This 12-minute film is sort of long, but it's worth it: teens from around the world Skype each other. I love what their conversations reveal about themselves and about their perceptions of each other. Really thought-provoking little film.
• Finally, the song of the day: the official video for Work Song by Hozier. I love a beautiful voice, and I love choreography, and this has both.
Happy Friday, friends.