this was a good week
This was a great week. I mean:
• Some dear friends are spending the weekend with us; also, I had the opportunity to photograph my friend Sarah, a lady priest, at work. (Related: the phrase "lady priest," much like "lady astronaut" or "lady firefighter," warms the very cockles of my feminist heart.)
• A couple of days ago, I shared a photo I took of a pride of lions in Kenya a few years ago. I was pretty proud of that photo, until I saw this one. For the record, that photographer is nuts. But man, what a great shot.
• Speaking of great photographers, this 5-year-old Instagrammer is pretty epic.
• Girls in Afghanistan are prohibited from riding bikes. But boy, can they shred.
• I don't camp -- I always say my parents sent me to college to ensure I'd never have to sleep on the ground -- but I have to say, Xanthe always makes it look enticing.
• And finally, the song of the day: Jennifer Hudson, riding around in a car and singing her lungs out with James Corden. Hear me now: it is officially on my life list to be in a car with these two at some point in my lifetime. For they would give me unmitigated joy.
Click here or on the image below to watch.
Have a great weekend, friends. See you next week.