This was a good week! Here's why:
• I'm home again. Hopefully this time for more than a week. Fingers crossed.
• Amazing images of life just below the surface. I'm too chicken to buy a waterproof housing for my camera, but wow.
• Love these words on finding fulfillment. What would you do even if you never earned a dime from it?
• I haven't shared with you my latest venture -- writing for the amazing Quiet Revolution, about the power of introversion. And since we were just talking about doing your passion in the link above, you know how I always wax poetic about Alex's amazing guitar teacher? Here's an interview and photo shoot I did with him right here (you'll see how awesome he is -- he's seriously amazing). Want more? I've also featured my friend Laura, and how she manages to throw a huge conference while being an introvert. Go check them out -- and there's more to come!
• These portraits of nomadic people of Africa made me swoon. Note to self: do more portraits on travel trips.
• I'm not sure why, but I kind of need this umbrella.
• I follow several food bloggers, not for their recipes usually, but for their photography. I recently found one, A Brown Table, whose photography makes me catch my breath. I mean, look at the images in this recipe for for Polenta and Rice Donuts. Are you kidding me? Literally, the beauty of those images absolutely makes me lightheaded. And I don't even like sweets.
• Today's soundtrack: A little R&B this week, Something by Snarky Puppy, featuring Lalah Hathaway (2014 Grammy winner for best R&B performance). I've been a fan of Lalah for years -- her voice is just perfection. And I love this video, because it's so beautifully lit.
Also, toward the end of the song Lalah makes a chord come out of her mouth -- like 3 notes at once. How does she do that?
Click here or the image below to enjoy.
With that, have a wonderful weekend, friends. See you next week.