this was a good week
This was a great week! Here's why:
• The succulent, above, that lives on our kitchen windowsill. There's actually nothing that special about this succulent -- although, I do sort of dig its psychedelic colours -- but I just love the word "succulent." So this plant made me happy this week. (My word of the year is "thrive," but I think the word "succulent" needs to figure in there somewhere, amiright?)
• I've been missing scuba diving lately, so this video from a sea turtle's perspective has me pretty wistful.
• The Privilege Walk. What an amazing exercise. I'd love to try it with a group sometime.
• This EPIC beatboxing contest between dad and daughter. My first thought? Parties at their house must be off the chain. My second thought? Marcus and Alex have work to do.
• What if magazines described male actors the same way they describe female actors? We'd be lookin' at 'em in a whole new way, is what.
• Five beautiful things Danny Gregory saw today. Lovely. See? Beauty is everywhere, if you just look.
• Finally, today's soundtrack; but first, a question: what do you think Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars' Uptown Funk would sound like if 10 of the most famous guitarists in the history of music played it?
(And if you enjoyed that, here are 10 more playing Daft Punk's Get Lucky.)
Have a great weekend, friends. See you next week.