this was a good week
Where did this week go? I was so incredibly busy that I completely lost track of time! And yet, with everything going on, it was still a great week -- here's why:
• This was a week of reconnecting with old friends, beginning new adventures, and beautiful, fragrant peonies. And any week that has friends and peonies is a wonderful week.
• Also? Today is Friday the 13th -- my lucky day!
• I'm loving writing my book, but man, these days have been s l o w g o i n g. So needless to say, I'm really tickled by this supercut of movie characters in the throes of writer's block. It's like they're living my life.
• This amazing set of portraits of artist Frida Kahlo. I've always been a Kahlo fan, and thought I'd seen all of her portraits before, but there are a few here that are new to me.
• Famous punk rockers, then and now. We so often celebrate folks who live conventional lives and then later live unconventionally -- I'm kind of loving how these punk rockers did the reverse!
• We are our faces. This photographer keeps a film point-and-shoot by her front door, and just grabs it when the mood strikes. It makes me think I need to pull out my old Nikon film camera a bit more often.
• I'll never get a tattoo -- I scar far too easily -- but if I were to get a tattoo, I'd totally get one of these one-line tattoos. They're gorgeous.
• Finally for the soundtrack of the day: this latest Adele release is on repeat in my house. Adele, getting a little funky -- who knew the London girl had it in her?