this was a good week
Remember this was a good week? Well, I hope so, because again, this was a good week! Here's why:
• Did I mention I turned in my manuscript? Because I turned in my manuscript. Alleluia, amen.
• Speaking of books, my sweet friend Erin Loechner released her first book this week, Chasing Slow, and it's a beaut. Go on and get you summadat.
• And speaking of even more books, here are 70 books to make you hopeful. I may have to read them all. Starting next Friday.
• Lost Rolls America looks really intriguing.
• My friend Justin turned 49! And as he's done for the last 6 years, he took the same number of self-portraits as his age. I love how sweet the images are every year. I may have to start the same tradition this year, I think.
• A baby elephant chasing swallows. Tell me that didn't make your day better.
• When I mentioned that I was back, a sweet reader says "I hope that means more photographs!" It does -- perhaps even more than words. Let's go for a photo a day every weekday, shall we? We'll see if the words keep up or not, but no promises.
• Finally, the soundtrack: a mashup of the Beastie Boys and Daft Punk. If you are not a fan of either the Beastie Boys or Daft Punk, then you really shouldn't listen. But if you're a fan of them both, have I got something awesome for you.
With that, happy weekend, sweet friends. See you Monday.