this was a good week
This was a wonderful week! Here's why:
• Out of the blue, I received the gift of a tiny little orchid from some huge-hearted friends. It made my week.
• It's Carnival season, and my childhood friend, Maria Nunes, is a photographer who captures the classic characters and costumes from traditional Trinidadian Carnival. Her Facebook album of images of the "moko jumbies" (stiltwalkers) leave me breathless (and somewhat homesick).
• Speaking of photographs -- this photographer captures the vibe of megacities. Amazing work.
• Toying with the idea of a trip to Hawaii in the foreseeable future -- and this video of volcanic island formation is doing a great job of convincing me that this would be a great idea.
• And finally, for today's soundtrack: Imagine, as performed by Herbie Hancock and friends. Click here or the image below to listen.
Have a great weekend, friends.