this was a good week
This was a good week! Heres why:
• Tons of brainstorming, and getting ready to attend the Be Conference in Austin this weekend. (The conference starts Sunday afternoon, and tickets are still available, use coupon code Karen99 for a huge discount -- $200 off, bringing the price to only $99!)
• A couple married for 37 years always wears matching outfits. This is adorable. (However, do not expect Marcus and me to do this: I think only one of us should ever wear bad Hawaiian shirts, and that person will never be me.)
• Horses, underneath. So weird.
• This madman -- er, I mean, intrepid traveler -- made it across the Atlantic on a stand-up paddleboard, and raised almost half a million dollars to help impoverished children in the process. Amazing -- and I gotta admit that these days, when people put their personal safety on the line to help people in need, I can't help but be really impressed.
• My very sweet friend, photographer Stephanie Calabrese, was featured in the New York Times this week! You should check out her work: she shot it all with an iPhone. I so need to up my iPhonography game.
• And finally, for today's song of the day, a performance of the earliest piece of music ever written for the keyboard, c. 1360. Click here or the image below to listen.
Have a great weekend, friends.