this was a good week
This was a good week. Here's why:
• Alex turned 13 this month, and this week was her spring break, which seemed like an optimal time to teach her the time-honoured teenage pastime of Washing Your Parent's Car. Which goes to show, there are actually some perks to their getting older.
• An homage to journaling. That Erin is a wise one.
• Creepy portraits of a chef wearing his menu ingredients. I'm not so sure that they'll make me want to eat at his restaurant, but the images sure are cool.
• I missed this feature about fashion designer Betsy Johnson when it first came out -- but I'm so glad I found it now. She was 71 at the time it was made. What a powerhouse.
• South Africa from above. Gorgeous.
• And finally (and somewhat related): for the soundtrack of the day, What a Wonderful World, as performed by David Attenborough. Click here or on the image below to watch.
Have a wonderful weekend, friends.