this was a good week
This was a great week! Here's why:
• I received some very heartfelt gifts from some incredible coworkers this week, including the amazing orchids you see above. I'm gonna miss those nuts.
• I'M CREATING A BRAND NEW ECOURSE. It's been 2-1/2 years since I've had one, and I'm so excited about this one, I can't see straight. More very soon.
• Artists re-drawing their own work, showing the progress they've made with their skills. There's hope for me yet!
• The Underground Railroad was a network of secret routes and safehouses used by enslaved people in the United States south to escape and find their way to freedom in the north. These 8 photographs, taken along the Underground Railroad, show what escaping slaves might have seen on their terrifying journey. Haunting.
• Erin Loechner's shovel for when you feel buried. Such good stuff there.
• Related: 4 lessons from the longest-running study on happiness. Lots of food for thought.
• The light of faith, around the world. Beautiful.
• And finally, for the soundtrack of the day, something a bit old-school: a mashup cover of Fly Me To The Moon and Lucky, performed by Rick Hale and Breea Guttery. A jazzy way to ease into the weekend.
Click here or on the image below to watch and listen.
On that cool note, have a wonderful weekend, friends. See you next week.