this was a good week
This was a good week! Here's why:
• Watching the spellbinding solar eclipse (online, but hey, it was still gorgeous), releasing the fun episode of Make Light with my friend Cindy Whitehead, and catching up somewhat unexpectedly with an old friend in a cozy bar. What was not to love?
• Thirty hummingbirds splashing in a birdbath. I mean, come on.
• Images of the Newport Folk Festival. It was just such a relief to look at pictures of joy in the news for once.
• What the childhood works of famous artists look like. Totally disarming.
• On International Youth Day, the ONE Campaign asked its youth ambassadors what they would change if they could change one thing in the world. Here's what they had to say.
• And for the soundtrack today, Damian Marley singing his new song, Slave Mill, a capella. It's mesmerizing. Click here or the image below to listen.
On that soulful note, have a great weekend, friends. And for those of us on the Texas Gulf Coast, may we stay safe and dry. Don't take any risks, guys.
See you next week.