there was good in this week
Okay, this was a horrifying week. But we need to keep looking for the light -- always -- and there was some moments of good to be found. Here's where:
• I'm starting to get back in a work groove after a disjointed month; and in the spirit of looking forward, I've also been pinning home decor ideas like a maniac. (An aside: if you've got a home decor board you think I'd enjoy, feel free to leave it in the comments. I'd love your inspiration.)
• Speaking of beautiful photos of interiors, these photographs with soul really move me. It takes a certain skill to photograph interiors ... I may have to start trying my hand at it.
• Since the weather is getting cooler and we're going to be getting cozy in our soulful spaces, this marbled banana bread might be just the thing to enjoy while we do it.
• I'm enchanted by these lovely new postcards -- what a beautifully personal way to share where you've been -- or even send yourself a little card while you're on vacation, to add to your journal when you return home! They're pricey, but I might have to get a couple for the future ...
• I'm also entranced by these words and images around "beauty as medicine" -- and I wholeheartedly agree.
• And speaking of beautiful, I love photographs that capture a moment of beauty, joy and anticipation -- and this is a beautiful example.
• And finally, for today's soundtrack: a friend turned me on to this amazing NPR Tiny Desk Concert, featuring St. Paul and the Broken Bones. The caption of this video says that if you close your eyes, you'll think you're listening to Otis Redding, but when you open them, you'll think you're looking at your neighbourhood bank teller. That's about right. But man, what a great sound.
Click here or the image below to watch (it's about 14 minutes long, and worth every minute):
Have a lovely, peaceful, soulful weekend, friends.