this was a good week
This was a good week! Here's why:
• I took myself out on a solo business lunch to my favourite sushi restaurant, Marcus and I have begun interviewing home builders, and the Houston Astros are World Series Champions, baby! The city so needed something to celebrate, man. We're very excited.
• As you can imagine, I've been thinking a lot about what it takes to make a "home," so this Steve McCurry photo essay on homes around the world intrigues me.
• Speaking of photography, my girl Andrea will be posting a photo every day of November on her blog. Lucky us.
• Embroidered vintage photographs. These are glorious.
• And this tower sucks up smog and turns it into diamonds. How amazing is this?
• And finally, for today's soundtrack: last weekend, we went to a Johnnyswim concert, and opening for them was a band called Striking Matches. They're a guitarist duo, and they play like the devil. The woman of the duo, Sarah Zimmerman, particularly impressed Alex -- so much so, that we managed to get Alex a photograph with her. Striking Matches just released an EP, and Ghost is one of its songs. Click here or on the image below to listen.
And with that, have a great weekend, friends. See you next week.