this was a good week
This was a good week! Here's some evidence I found this week, explaining why:
• We visited the high school Alex is planning on attending next year (already?!), I found out who the other keynoters are who will be speaking (along with me) at the Erma Bombeck Writers' Workshop in 2018 (OMG Craig Ferguson!), so many of you have already signed up for Advent of Light -- thank you! -- and we officially signed on with a builder to replace our house. So much goodness, all round.
• Speaking of steps, I love this woman's story about why she's training for a marathon. Not enough to make me train for a marathon, you understand, but I do love it.
• Good celebrity stories, instead of bad ones. What a relief.
• This man planted a tree every day for 37 years -- and his forest is now bigger than New York's Central Park. A great story (and 18-minute short documentary film) for any time you think that big change can't happen by only one person.
• Photographs showing the life cycle of airplanes. Really interesting.
• On this, the week before Thanksgiving in the US, an old New York Times article on why choosing to be grateful will make you happier.
• And finally, today's soundtrack, an oldie but a goodie: Alanis Morissette performing Thank You. For those of you in the United States, have a safe, wonderful Thanksgiving. And to all of you -- thank you for continuing to visit me here in my little corner of the internet.
Click here or the image below to listen.
Take care, friends.