this was a good week
This was a good week! Here's why:
• We had our final design meeting with our builder. Now we wait for behind-the-scenes stuff like appraisals, homeowners' association and city permit approvals. Fingers crossed they all go smoothly. Also? Marcus let me take some new portraits of him. I love photographing those blue eyes.
• Love this video of dance moves across the African continent. You best believe I'm practicing.
• I'm kinda thinking that the next bad hair day I have, I'm gonna need one of these paper wigs.
• Great article analyzing why Oprah's Golden Globes acceptance speech was so powerful. Will definitely take some of those lessons on board.
• And now for today's soundtrack -- sort of a weird one: this week, I had a dream where I called a friend on Skype. When he answered, Bill Withers' Just the Two of Us was playing in the background. I remember waking up thinking how random it was -- I can't remember the last time I heard that song. But now, it's stuck in my head.
Maybe the song is subconsciously why I insisted taking that photo of Marcus, above.
With that, have a great weekend, friends. See you next week.