this was a good week
This was a good week! Here's why:
• Nothing really big happened this week. Lots of dinners at home, work has begun on our house, and I got many daily walks in. All good.
• The academy where butlers are born. This world is COMPLETELY unfamiliar to me -- so naturally, I find it fascinating.
• And if you can't afford a butler, how about this cake-serving machine? I can't even begin to fathom how this dude managed to make this.
• And speaking of things from the past, the Rolleiflex is back -- in instant camera form. This is so cool!
• This mating dance of the Vogelkop Superb Bird-of-Paradise. Almost seventeen years ago, Marcus did something similar to attract my attention. True story. (Not a true story.)
• And finally, for the soundtrack: this week, an old song by The Brand New Heavies kept showing up in my life -- random, right? Anyway, I took it as a sign that it had to be today's song.
Click the arrow below to listen.
Have a great weekend, friends. Next week, I'll be traveling -- first for a speaking gig in Austin, and then off to California for the annual Mom 2.0 Summit. So if you'll be there, please stop and say hi, otherwise, stay in touch via Instagram and Facebook, and I'll see you all again the following week!
Global radio, voice acting and the inimitable Aretha Franklin.
Featuring ethical fashion, out-of-focus paintings, and Bobby McFerrin’s kid.
Featuring centenarian runners, child ukulele-players and the genius of love.
Featuring felted art, ballpoint pen art and badass elephant-defenders.
Featuring dogpiles, protest walks and summertime sounds.
Featuring talking trees, hyprrealism, and Chaka Khan.
This week was tough.
Featuring dancing tulips, dancing movies and counting money.
Featuring mindblowing bubbles, raining gems and adventurous toy boats.
Featuring Doc Martens, a swarm of drones, and rainbow roads.