this was a good week
This was a good week! Here's why:
• It was an incredibly productive week, we heard from our general contractor yesterday that the foundation should be poured for our home early next week, and Alex returns home today after a week away with her class, visiting the Heifer International Global Village. I can't wait to hear about her adventure.
• This legal secretary quietly amassed a fortune, and then gave away millions upon her death. Love this act of love.
• "When possible, we must know who makes our things." I've been thinking about this a lot lately.
• Why we owe it to ourselves to have quiet time every day. I'm totally on board with this.
• And finally, for today's soundtrack, Marcus dug this song out from his archives this week. I love it so much -- talk about a summer vibe. I was listening to it on repeat as I typed up this blog post. Click the arrow below to listen.
See you next week, friends. (Don't forget -- only 2 weeks left to get GLOW at a crazy discount -- after May 31st, it's gone forever. Go on and get you some (enter FADEOUT at checkout for 40% off!)
Featuring art as mirror, x-rays of zoo animals, and an almost perfect apple pie.
Featuring butterfly wings, an awesome obituary and a Jamiroquai/Bee Gees mashup.
Featuring horror movies, Japanese funeral flower arrangements, and cross-stitch for hip-hop.
Featuring lessons from comedy, winding roads, and Daryl Hall & Kenny Loggins.
Featuring rugs, trombones and terrifyingly realistic masks.
Hang in there, friends. Light is coming.
Chromophobia, accidental murals, and I’m lovin’ it.
Kids meet an opera singer, a drivable LEGO car, and Godzilla.
Featuring rice murals, a blind surfer, and Janet.
Global radio, voice acting and the inimitable Aretha Franklin.