this was a good week
This was a good week! Here's why:
• It was an incredibly productive week, we heard from our general contractor yesterday that the foundation should be poured for our home early next week, and Alex returns home today after a week away with her class, visiting the Heifer International Global Village. I can't wait to hear about her adventure.
• This legal secretary quietly amassed a fortune, and then gave away millions upon her death. Love this act of love.
• "When possible, we must know who makes our things." I've been thinking about this a lot lately.
• Why we owe it to ourselves to have quiet time every day. I'm totally on board with this.
• And finally, for today's soundtrack, Marcus dug this song out from his archives this week. I love it so much -- talk about a summer vibe. I was listening to it on repeat as I typed up this blog post. Click the arrow below to listen.
See you next week, friends. (Don't forget -- only 2 weeks left to get GLOW at a crazy discount -- after May 31st, it's gone forever. Go on and get you some (enter FADEOUT at checkout for 40% off!)
Featuring Abraham Lincoln, getting naked, and a baby on a hoverboard.
Featuring an awesome kindergarten teacher, a haunted forest, and a sweet lullaby.
Featuring books, paper and the dark side of the moon.
Featuring murals, an inclusive dance company, and an iconic holiday song.
Featuring Snoopy’s flying doghouse, a sweet December video, and gorgeous LEGOs.
We have keys!
Featuring a short flight, a giant dinosaur and a lovely youth choir from South Africa.
Dogs on land, dogs of the sea, and the most beautiful eulogy I’ve ever read.
Featuring Chris Hemsworth, body art, and our cool new welcome mat.
Featuring a wedding in Iceland, Ed Sheeran, and 350-year-old ice cream.