this was a good week
This was a good week! Here's what awesome happened:
• This week my parents moved to a townhouse 5 minutes from our home. I've spend a few days this week helping them move in. It's pretty exciting for all of us that they'll be right around the corner!
• Hawaii's volcano has been spewing green gems into the sky. It's literally raining olivine.
• And speaking of amazing planets, check out these closest-ever images of Saturn. Gorgeous.
• Vintage East African postcards. What an intriguing history.
• And finally, this week's soundtrack: Love Make the World Go Round by Jennifer Lopez and Lin-Manuel Miranda. I discovered that Jennifer Lopez and Lin-Manuel Miranda released this song two years ago to raise money for the victims of the Orlando nightclub shooting, a mass shooting at a gay club in Orlando, Florida two years ago this week, an act that is widely considered to be a hate crime. As it happens, this week was also the 51st anniversary of the Supreme Court decision in Loving vs. Virginia, which deemed anti-miscegenation laws illegal in America, allowing for the legality of interracial marriages (like mine). So it seems only fitting that this anthem be this week's soundtrack -- because love is love is love is love is love.
Click here or the image below to watch and listen.
And on that joyful note, have a great weekend, everyone.
Featuring Abraham Lincoln, getting naked, and a baby on a hoverboard.
Featuring an awesome kindergarten teacher, a haunted forest, and a sweet lullaby.
Featuring books, paper and the dark side of the moon.
Featuring murals, an inclusive dance company, and an iconic holiday song.
Featuring Snoopy’s flying doghouse, a sweet December video, and gorgeous LEGOs.
We have keys!
Featuring a short flight, a giant dinosaur and a lovely youth choir from South Africa.
Dogs on land, dogs of the sea, and the most beautiful eulogy I’ve ever read.
Featuring Chris Hemsworth, body art, and our cool new welcome mat.
Featuring a wedding in Iceland, Ed Sheeran, and 350-year-old ice cream.