this was a good week
This was a good week. Here's why:
• We're back safe and sound from our New York trip, and this was a short work-week for Marcus, so there's been lots of down time. Score.
• This crochet artist who is weaving the world together. Such beautiful work.
• And from hyperrealism to abstract -- the work of this portrait artist from the Faroe Islands is so cool.
• Sweet Mary Margaret, the ESPN body issue. I love the diversity of the athletes who are featured, from a race, age, size and sexuality perspective. (Note -- while there aren't any vulgar photographs, the athletes are nude, and there are plenty of bare bums. So if you're somewhere where bare bums might be frowned upon -- like, say, work, or your kid's parent/teacher conference, or, you know, church -- you might want to wait until later to click on that link. But my heavens, those are some beautiful bodies.)
• Trees talk to each other via the Wood Wide Web. Who knew?
Have a great weekend, friends. See you next week.
Featuring Chris Hemsworth, body art, and our cool new welcome mat.
Featuring a wedding in Iceland, Ed Sheeran, and 350-year-old ice cream.
A quick one today.
Featuring art as mirror, x-rays of zoo animals, and an almost perfect apple pie.
Featuring butterfly wings, an awesome obituary and a Jamiroquai/Bee Gees mashup.
Featuring horror movies, Japanese funeral flower arrangements, and cross-stitch for hip-hop.
Featuring lessons from comedy, winding roads, and Daryl Hall & Kenny Loggins.
Featuring rugs, trombones and terrifyingly realistic masks.
Hang in there, friends. Light is coming.
Chromophobia, accidental murals, and I’m lovin’ it.