this was a good week
This was a good week. Here's why:
• We're back safe and sound from our New York trip, and this was a short work-week for Marcus, so there's been lots of down time. Score.
• This crochet artist who is weaving the world together. Such beautiful work.
• And from hyperrealism to abstract -- the work of this portrait artist from the Faroe Islands is so cool.
• Sweet Mary Margaret, the ESPN body issue. I love the diversity of the athletes who are featured, from a race, age, size and sexuality perspective. (Note -- while there aren't any vulgar photographs, the athletes are nude, and there are plenty of bare bums. So if you're somewhere where bare bums might be frowned upon -- like, say, work, or your kid's parent/teacher conference, or, you know, church -- you might want to wait until later to click on that link. But my heavens, those are some beautiful bodies.)
• Trees talk to each other via the Wood Wide Web. Who knew?
Have a great weekend, friends. See you next week.
Featuring climbing beans, ASL slam poetry, and how to stay calm.
Featuring unzipped buildings, a cool Vespa, and John Malkovich.
Featuring dumb English laws, an idyllic co-working space, and Good Talk.
Featuring skydivers, subway riders, and stylish reptiles.
Featuring haka, underwater restaurants, and an insane library.
Featuring floating islands, Greenland, and a horse who is a serious Star Wars fan.
Featuring the kindness of strangers, mobile gardens, and bodies covered in stars.
Featuring beautiful commuters, the moon in detail, and celebratory cartoons.
Featuring the power of light, mind-blowing quilts and molten cakes. Yeah, baby.
Featuring tiny houses, giant kites, and a love train.