this was a good week
This was a good week. Here's why:
• We're back safe and sound from our New York trip, and this was a short work-week for Marcus, so there's been lots of down time. Score.
• This crochet artist who is weaving the world together. Such beautiful work.
• And from hyperrealism to abstract -- the work of this portrait artist from the Faroe Islands is so cool.
• Sweet Mary Margaret, the ESPN body issue. I love the diversity of the athletes who are featured, from a race, age, size and sexuality perspective. (Note -- while there aren't any vulgar photographs, the athletes are nude, and there are plenty of bare bums. So if you're somewhere where bare bums might be frowned upon -- like, say, work, or your kid's parent/teacher conference, or, you know, church -- you might want to wait until later to click on that link. But my heavens, those are some beautiful bodies.)
• Trees talk to each other via the Wood Wide Web. Who knew?
Have a great weekend, friends. See you next week.
Featuring Abraham Lincoln, getting naked, and a baby on a hoverboard.
Featuring an awesome kindergarten teacher, a haunted forest, and a sweet lullaby.
Featuring books, paper and the dark side of the moon.
Featuring murals, an inclusive dance company, and an iconic holiday song.
Featuring Snoopy’s flying doghouse, a sweet December video, and gorgeous LEGOs.
We have keys!
Featuring a short flight, a giant dinosaur and a lovely youth choir from South Africa.
Dogs on land, dogs of the sea, and the most beautiful eulogy I’ve ever read.
Featuring Chris Hemsworth, body art, and our cool new welcome mat.
Featuring a wedding in Iceland, Ed Sheeran, and 350-year-old ice cream.