this was a good week
This was a good week. Here's why:
• Our house is beginning to look like a house. I'm starting to get really impatient -- but really excited. I need to remember to breathe.
• Speaking of the house, have you heard of chromophobia -- fear of too much colour? I don't have it when it comes to decorating (trust me, those grey walls above are going to be home to wildly colourful art), but I think I do a bit when it comes to how I dress. This article is really interesting.
• Love these gorgeous photographs of summer (taken somewhere clearly cooler than Houston!).
• These two young men, who didn't see themselves represented in the marketing collateral at their local McDonald's, decided to do something about it by creating their own poster of themselves and sneaking it on the wall. I'm lovin' it.
• And finally, for today's soundtrack, 65,000 Green Day fans sing Bohemian Rhapsody spontaneously and perfectly. By the end of it, I was teary -- I love when there's evidence that it's possible for thousands of people to come together to make something beautiful ... especially these days.
Click here or on the image below to watch.
On that joyous, connected note, friends, have a wonderful weekend. See you next week.
Hang in there, friends. Light is coming.
Chromophobia, accidental murals, and I’m lovin’ it.
Kids meet an opera singer, a drivable LEGO car, and Godzilla.
Featuring rice murals, a blind surfer, and Janet.
Global radio, voice acting and the inimitable Aretha Franklin.
Featuring ethical fashion, out-of-focus paintings, and Bobby McFerrin’s kid.
Featuring centenarian runners, child ukulele-players and the genius of love.
Featuring felted art, ballpoint pen art and badass elephant-defenders.
Featuring dogpiles, protest walks and summertime sounds.
Featuring talking trees, hyprrealism, and Chaka Khan.