this was a good week
Despite the week’s true madness, there was good in this week. Here’s where:
• We have floors! Hopefully not long now until we can move in!
• Since we have floors, I figured it’s time to buy a doormat. I found this place that allows you to customize your own welcome mat — and so I designed this one. I can’t wait to get it. I feel like it captures the soul of our family beautifully, don’t you?
• And speaking of travel, my friend Lola (the National Geographic photographer) made a video of the sounds from her recent trip to Uzbekistan. Incredible imagery.
• And speaking of incredible imagery, I have a thing for photographs of storm clouds, and these are gorgeous.
• Speaking of even more photographs, my friend Andrea has returned to daily posting on her blog for the month of November, and her photographs are always so ethereal. Enjoy.
With that, happy Friday, friends. Hope your week had good in it, too.
Soundtrack: Far away by Junip
Featuring Abraham Lincoln, getting naked, and a baby on a hoverboard.
Featuring an awesome kindergarten teacher, a haunted forest, and a sweet lullaby.
Featuring books, paper and the dark side of the moon.
Featuring murals, an inclusive dance company, and an iconic holiday song.
Featuring Snoopy’s flying doghouse, a sweet December video, and gorgeous LEGOs.
We have keys!
Featuring a short flight, a giant dinosaur and a lovely youth choir from South Africa.
Dogs on land, dogs of the sea, and the most beautiful eulogy I’ve ever read.
Featuring Chris Hemsworth, body art, and our cool new welcome mat.
Featuring a wedding in Iceland, Ed Sheeran, and 350-year-old ice cream.