this was a good week
Despite the week’s true madness, there was good in this week. Here’s where:
• We have floors! Hopefully not long now until we can move in!
• Since we have floors, I figured it’s time to buy a doormat. I found this place that allows you to customize your own welcome mat — and so I designed this one. I can’t wait to get it. I feel like it captures the soul of our family beautifully, don’t you?
• And speaking of travel, my friend Lola (the National Geographic photographer) made a video of the sounds from her recent trip to Uzbekistan. Incredible imagery.
• And speaking of incredible imagery, I have a thing for photographs of storm clouds, and these are gorgeous.
• Speaking of even more photographs, my friend Andrea has returned to daily posting on her blog for the month of November, and her photographs are always so ethereal. Enjoy.
With that, happy Friday, friends. Hope your week had good in it, too.
Soundtrack: Far away by Junip
Dogs on land, dogs of the sea, and the most beautiful eulogy I’ve ever read.
Featuring Chris Hemsworth, body art, and our cool new welcome mat.
Featuring a wedding in Iceland, Ed Sheeran, and 350-year-old ice cream.
A quick one today.
Featuring art as mirror, x-rays of zoo animals, and an almost perfect apple pie.
Featuring butterfly wings, an awesome obituary and a Jamiroquai/Bee Gees mashup.
Featuring horror movies, Japanese funeral flower arrangements, and cross-stitch for hip-hop.
Featuring lessons from comedy, winding roads, and Daryl Hall & Kenny Loggins.
Featuring rugs, trombones and terrifyingly realistic masks.
Hang in there, friends. Light is coming.