this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• Both Marcus and Alex have the week off next week, and we can start packing our apartment up in earnest. Hallelujah.
• Photographs of dogs catching treats. Excellent.
• Speaking of dogs, seals are the dogs of the sea. My very first dive after becoming SCUBA certified was in the Pacific Ocean, with a bunch of seals. One of the funnest times of my life, and seriously, they’re just labradors with fins.
• Last week was Diwali, the Hindu festival of light. One of the things I miss about living in my homeland of Trinidad was how Hindu homes would be lit with tiny diyas, small clay bowls filled with oil and a wick, lining walkways and eves of houses — beautiful. This video show how the diyas are made — fascinating.
• I love a physical book — so this high school teacher who took students on a field trip to a book store makes me happy.
• And finally — remember a few weeks ago when I mentioned my friend Rebecca’s husband passed away? This past weekend was his memorial, and Rebecca wrote and shared the most beautiful thoughts. Go read it, but have a tissue handy. What a blessing they were to each other.
Hope you had a good week too, friends. See you tomorrow.
Featuring Snoopy’s flying doghouse, a sweet December video, and gorgeous LEGOs.
We have keys!
Featuring a short flight, a giant dinosaur and a lovely youth choir from South Africa.
Dogs on land, dogs of the sea, and the most beautiful eulogy I’ve ever read.
Featuring Chris Hemsworth, body art, and our cool new welcome mat.
Featuring a wedding in Iceland, Ed Sheeran, and 350-year-old ice cream.
A quick one today.
Featuring art as mirror, x-rays of zoo animals, and an almost perfect apple pie.
Featuring butterfly wings, an awesome obituary and a Jamiroquai/Bee Gees mashup.
Featuring horror movies, Japanese funeral flower arrangements, and cross-stitch for hip-hop.