this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• Both Marcus and Alex have the week off next week, and we can start packing our apartment up in earnest. Hallelujah.
• Photographs of dogs catching treats. Excellent.
• Speaking of dogs, seals are the dogs of the sea. My very first dive after becoming SCUBA certified was in the Pacific Ocean, with a bunch of seals. One of the funnest times of my life, and seriously, they’re just labradors with fins.
• Last week was Diwali, the Hindu festival of light. One of the things I miss about living in my homeland of Trinidad was how Hindu homes would be lit with tiny diyas, small clay bowls filled with oil and a wick, lining walkways and eves of houses — beautiful. This video show how the diyas are made — fascinating.
• I love a physical book — so this high school teacher who took students on a field trip to a book store makes me happy.
• And finally — remember a few weeks ago when I mentioned my friend Rebecca’s husband passed away? This past weekend was his memorial, and Rebecca wrote and shared the most beautiful thoughts. Go read it, but have a tissue handy. What a blessing they were to each other.
Hope you had a good week too, friends. See you tomorrow.
Featuring tiny houses, giant kites, and a love train.
Featuring small tomato plants, small whales, and small talk.
Featuring elephant seals, a pimped-out wheelchair, and rolled snow. As you do.
Featuring a s’cool bus, a surfer, and a soft “skeleton.”
Featuring Abraham Lincoln, getting naked, and a baby on a hoverboard.
Featuring an awesome kindergarten teacher, a haunted forest, and a sweet lullaby.
Featuring books, paper and the dark side of the moon.
Featuring murals, an inclusive dance company, and an iconic holiday song.
Featuring Snoopy’s flying doghouse, a sweet December video, and gorgeous LEGOs.
We have keys!