this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• Both Marcus and Alex have the week off next week, and we can start packing our apartment up in earnest. Hallelujah.
• Photographs of dogs catching treats. Excellent.
• Speaking of dogs, seals are the dogs of the sea. My very first dive after becoming SCUBA certified was in the Pacific Ocean, with a bunch of seals. One of the funnest times of my life, and seriously, they’re just labradors with fins.
• Last week was Diwali, the Hindu festival of light. One of the things I miss about living in my homeland of Trinidad was how Hindu homes would be lit with tiny diyas, small clay bowls filled with oil and a wick, lining walkways and eves of houses — beautiful. This video show how the diyas are made — fascinating.
• I love a physical book — so this high school teacher who took students on a field trip to a book store makes me happy.
• And finally — remember a few weeks ago when I mentioned my friend Rebecca’s husband passed away? This past weekend was his memorial, and Rebecca wrote and shared the most beautiful thoughts. Go read it, but have a tissue handy. What a blessing they were to each other.
Hope you had a good week too, friends. See you tomorrow.
Featuring volleyball, optical illusion murals, and blues musicians.
Featuring a solar eclipse, an inflatable labyrinth, and a pug with moves.
Featuring possibly haunted staircases, an epic reading list, and an all-female around-the-world sailing crew.
Featuring fireflies, optical illusions, and laughter from a dirty joke.
Featuring dry erase art, crocheted leaves and twigs, and the amazing Billy Porter.
Featuring food cameras, laughing babies, and Mahalia
Featuring bubbles, an evil lair, and a secret tree font.
Featuring underwater photos, Shaolin Kung Fu, and movin’ on up.
This was a good week. I just didn’t have the heart to record it.
Featuring an ecosystem-in-a-bottle, a real black panther, and the sound of butterflies.