this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• Thanksgiving! We had Thanksgiving dinner with my parents and our friends Trish & Carl and their kids, and today we’re back again with Trish & Carl to have Bubble & Squeak from our leftovers. It’s all great.
• This artist turns Starbucks cups into cartoons. Awesome.
• Also, I have a thing for crosswords and I have a thing for art — so this art created with puzzle pieces from different puzzles really intrigues me.
• This giant animatronic T-rex is a little terrifying. And awesome.
• And speaking of gorgeous imagery, finally, today’s soundtrack: the Ndlovu Youth Choir (accompanied by flautist Wouter Kellerman) from South Africa perform a cover of Ed Sheeran’s “Shape of You.” Click here or the image below to watch. Such joy.
Have a great weekend, friends.
Featuring underwater photos, Shaolin Kung Fu, and movin’ on up.
This was a good week. I just didn’t have the heart to record it.
Featuring an ecosystem-in-a-bottle, a real black panther, and the sound of butterflies.
Featuring a new malaria vaccine, insects made of flowers, and NASA’s advice for your houseplants.
Featuring unmasked icons, joyful summers, and a bride & groom with water guns.
Featuring climbing beans, ASL slam poetry, and how to stay calm.
Featuring unzipped buildings, a cool Vespa, and John Malkovich.
Featuring dumb English laws, an idyllic co-working space, and Good Talk.
Featuring skydivers, subway riders, and stylish reptiles.
Featuring haka, underwater restaurants, and an insane library.