this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• We rang in the new year with sparklers and champagne and Marcus’ sister and her family, then the next day they began their journey back home to Cornwall and made it safely, then Alex had a sleepover surprise party for a friend that went swimmingly, and we’re spending the rest of our time off quietly at home, with the fire going, reading books. I’m very happy. (Did I mention I’m reading books? It’s been a while!)
• Speaking of books, this book-loving photographer arranges her books into fantastic scenes. So cool.
• And speaking of paper and art, this man makes paper props for movies. Fascinating!
• These photographs of the segregated south at the turn of the century are amazing. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such clear photos with so many relaxed subjects from that time before — and a wonderful story about the photographer and his connection to his subjects, both black and white.
• And naturally, here’s to 2019 and more making out.
• Finally, today’s soundtrack — Malamente, by Catalán singer Rosalía. This sound is how I’m planning on grooving right into this new year. Click the arrow below to listen.
Hope you had a great week, friends. Have a joyful weekend.
Featuring an awesome kindergarten teacher, a haunted forest, and a sweet lullaby.
Featuring books, paper and the dark side of the moon.
Featuring murals, an inclusive dance company, and an iconic holiday song.
Featuring Snoopy’s flying doghouse, a sweet December video, and gorgeous LEGOs.
We have keys!
Featuring a short flight, a giant dinosaur and a lovely youth choir from South Africa.
Dogs on land, dogs of the sea, and the most beautiful eulogy I’ve ever read.
Featuring Chris Hemsworth, body art, and our cool new welcome mat.
Featuring a wedding in Iceland, Ed Sheeran, and 350-year-old ice cream.
A quick one today.