this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• We rang in the new year with sparklers and champagne and Marcus’ sister and her family, then the next day they began their journey back home to Cornwall and made it safely, then Alex had a sleepover surprise party for a friend that went swimmingly, and we’re spending the rest of our time off quietly at home, with the fire going, reading books. I’m very happy. (Did I mention I’m reading books? It’s been a while!)
• Speaking of books, this book-loving photographer arranges her books into fantastic scenes. So cool.
• And speaking of paper and art, this man makes paper props for movies. Fascinating!
• These photographs of the segregated south at the turn of the century are amazing. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such clear photos with so many relaxed subjects from that time before — and a wonderful story about the photographer and his connection to his subjects, both black and white.
• And naturally, here’s to 2019 and more making out.
• Finally, today’s soundtrack — Malamente, by Catalán singer Rosalía. This sound is how I’m planning on grooving right into this new year. Click the arrow below to listen.
Hope you had a great week, friends. Have a joyful weekend.
Featuring floating islands, Greenland, and a horse who is a serious Star Wars fan.
Featuring the kindness of strangers, mobile gardens, and bodies covered in stars.
Featuring beautiful commuters, the moon in detail, and celebratory cartoons.
Featuring the power of light, mind-blowing quilts and molten cakes. Yeah, baby.
Featuring tiny houses, giant kites, and a love train.
Featuring small tomato plants, small whales, and small talk.
Featuring elephant seals, a pimped-out wheelchair, and rolled snow. As you do.
Featuring a s’cool bus, a surfer, and a soft “skeleton.”
Featuring Abraham Lincoln, getting naked, and a baby on a hoverboard.
Featuring an awesome kindergarten teacher, a haunted forest, and a sweet lullaby.