this was a good week
This was a good week! Here’s why:
• We rang in the new year with sparklers and champagne and Marcus’ sister and her family, then the next day they began their journey back home to Cornwall and made it safely, then Alex had a sleepover surprise party for a friend that went swimmingly, and we’re spending the rest of our time off quietly at home, with the fire going, reading books. I’m very happy. (Did I mention I’m reading books? It’s been a while!)
• Speaking of books, this book-loving photographer arranges her books into fantastic scenes. So cool.
• And speaking of paper and art, this man makes paper props for movies. Fascinating!
• These photographs of the segregated south at the turn of the century are amazing. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such clear photos with so many relaxed subjects from that time before — and a wonderful story about the photographer and his connection to his subjects, both black and white.
• And naturally, here’s to 2019 and more making out.
• Finally, today’s soundtrack — Malamente, by Catalán singer Rosalía. This sound is how I’m planning on grooving right into this new year. Click the arrow below to listen.
Hope you had a great week, friends. Have a joyful weekend.
This was a good week. I just didn’t have the heart to record it.
Featuring an ecosystem-in-a-bottle, a real black panther, and the sound of butterflies.
Featuring a new malaria vaccine, insects made of flowers, and NASA’s advice for your houseplants.
Featuring unmasked icons, joyful summers, and a bride & groom with water guns.
Featuring climbing beans, ASL slam poetry, and how to stay calm.
Featuring unzipped buildings, a cool Vespa, and John Malkovich.
Featuring dumb English laws, an idyllic co-working space, and Good Talk.
Featuring skydivers, subway riders, and stylish reptiles.
Featuring haka, underwater restaurants, and an insane library.
Featuring floating islands, Greenland, and a horse who is a serious Star Wars fan.